Week of April 15 - April 29, 2012
Well, two weeks actually, but who’s counting?
- In 41af36f5 Rails moves from the unmaintained ruby-debug19 gem to the newer debugger fork - something you ought to do in any old projects as well.
rake notesgets updated in 55ceced1 to also look at your css, scss, and js files.
- Rails routing gets a bit safer with 56cdc81c. This commit changes the router DSL to require an HTTP verb (or the override
:via => :all) when using the
- 6acebb38b adds support for including multiple routes files from config/routes.
Rails.queueas a built-in queuing API that can (in the future) be hooked into by more advanced queues such as Sidekiq or Resque. This lead to a moderately large flame war in the commit comments but it looks like it’s here to stay. An important follow-on commit is cd50b604, which allows applications to have multiple distinct queues.
- A batch of commits merged in 7d1a42a0 upgrade to the newest SQLite adapter. This is another fix you can make in your existing projects as well (just by swapping gems).
- 76cd1ca0 lets you turn off Rails deprecation warnings entirely with
ActiveSupport::Deprecations.behavior = :silence.
- fcc534ed changes the behavior of validation errors on confirmation to render on the confirmation attribute instead of the original attribute.
- The old
link_to_functionhelpers are gone as of 3acdd652.